Emory College Center for Creativity & Arts
We aim to make encounters with art and creativity cornerstones of the Emory experience. The CCA supports artistic and scholarly inquiry; explores familiar as well as innovative collaborations; encourages artistic experimentation; and frames the imaginative spark that ignites a creative campus. The CCA communicates the richness of the artistic and creative work on campus to our students, faculty, staff, and the larger Atlanta community.
The Emory College Center for Creativity & Arts (CCA) advances the creation, scholarship, and enjoyment of the arts. The CCA encourages artistic collaboration, experimentation, and participation by:
- Developing and supporting programming, teaching, and research for artists, scholars, and students;
- Publicizing arts programs and events through targeted and innovative communications; and
- Stimulating collaboration and interdisciplinary exploration.
The Center aims to explore, encourage, and ignite arts engagement through such student initiatives as:
- Emory Arts Passport (campus arts participation incentive)
- Out There Arts (off-campus field trip grants)
- Project Grants that support creative research in the arts for undergraduate students, faculty, and staff members of the University's diverse community.
- Professional Development Workshops (Artist Survival Skills, Grant Writing, and Networking Nights)
and public programs such as:
- Artist Residencies to explore emergent properties or a specific topic; to foster unique, working artists encounters; and to provide community outreach to K-12
- Creativity Conversations to ignite dialogue concerning the interdisciplinary application of creativity and art
- Interdisciplinary Projects to encourage collaboration (annual events include Creativity & Arts Soiree and the Emory Arts Showcase; and special events from Evolving Arts: New Works Festival, The Future of Arts Criticism & the Role of the Academy, to the National Endowment for the Humanities 2014 Summer Institute in Black Aesthetics.)
To learn more about the CCA and its programs visit the CCA website.