Burlington Road Building
1804 North Decatur Road
Atlanta, GA 30322
Lowergate South Parking Deck
The Burlington Road Building (BRB) property, originally Emory Baptist Church, was acquired by Emory University in the mid-1990s. It now houses the Department of Music administrative offices, two multi-media classrooms, a seminar classroom, and a conference room. The BRB is also home to several specialty classrooms including a jazz classroom, three world music classrooms, and a studio for electronic music composition. There are eight piano/voice practice rooms throughout the building including two organ practice rooms, a chamber music practice room, and a jazz practice room. The music composition, history, theory, and world music faculty offices are in this building as well as studios used by guitar, jazz, and piano affiliates.
The first floor also houses Theater Studies' black box theater used primarily for student theater productions and senior projects. Attached to the theater is a suite of theater work and storage spaces, including a full lighting and sound booth, to support those events.